Home Packing Services in Lansing, MI
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK can do a full or partial pack, depending on your needs. Trained professionals come to your home and expertly wrap and pack your items. Boxes are labeled to ensure they are placed at the correct location.
Many full-service movers provide customers the option of having their home possessions packed before the move and later unpacked at the destination. However if you plan to pack yourself, here are some useful tips.
- Use only small boxes for books. They get very heavy very fast.
- Never use printed newsprint to wrap fine china.
- Always stack dishes vertically when packing.
- Pack important and sentimental documents separately for easy access including children's health records, passports, family records, insurance information, and photo albums.
- Rule of thumb: the heavier the item, the smaller the box.
- Don't pack with food or supermarket boxes. You never know what little critter is hiding in them -- or if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- Don't use used boxes. It's hard to gauge if the box will be strong enough to support your possessions.
- Always tape boxes. Don't interlock the tops.
- Never use duct tape; use packing tape instead.
- Clearly label all boxes on the top and side.
- Try to pack all electronic equipment, such as stereos, in their original boxes. Otherwise use bubble wrap for these items.
- Start packing items you will not need ahead of time.
- Pack a box of essential items you will need immediately after the move, and make sure it's the last thing added to the truck.
- Always pack and unpack breakables over a padded surface.
- Don't use boxes without tops. No-top containers make it impossible to stack properly in the truck.
- Use custom-designed boxes when packing fine china and clothing.
- Use wardrobe boxes for making closets easier to pack. Clothes in drawers can be placed in suitcases.
- Avoid mixing items from different rooms within the same box.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK Lansing offers a wide selection of competitively priced moving boxes and packing supplies. We deliver free of charge and will refund what you don't use.
Trained, professional packers are able to help you with as much or as little of the packing and unpacking as you need.
Get helpful packing and moving tips from the experts to make your move as easy as possible.
Our Service Area
- East Lansing
- Eaton Rapids
- Grand Ledge
- Lake Odessa
- Saint Johns
- Saint Louis